Sunday, June 28, 2009

Feeling Small Again

Jessica's favorite thing to do when she is here on Sunday nights is to pull out all of the home videos. It usually starts out with her on my mom and dad's bed, but within about the course of a half hour the whole family is piled in my parents room on their bed. I know. It's amazing that all of us can fit, seeing as I am 5' 9" and only Nathan and McKay are shorter than me. Judging from the height of Patrick right now at a whopping 6' 7" (same as dad, though he would tell you that he is taller) I believe the chances of the two youngest boys being shorter than me are, well zero. I am destined to be the shortest person in my family, it is just a matter of time.

We currently rank in from tallest to shortest at 6'7", 6'7", 6'0", 5' 11.5", 5' 11", 5'10.5", 5'9" (me), and then Nathan and McKay (we haven't quite started keeping track of how tall they are). The funny part is that I wouldn't exactly call myself short around well any other family except mine. Maybe I'm wrong but 14 year old twin girls that are 5'11"+ are not exactly the norm. From videos of my childhood, to having younger sisters get taller than me, I'm getting used to feeling small again.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I would not call you shorty by any means. In my family, I'M the giant, and I'm only 5'6.5"..size 7.5 feet. haha.

    p.s. I LOVE family videos. I was watching some just the other day and Alpine definitley did NOT look like the same place twenty years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha now you can say that since you've been alive for 20 years. haha

    ReplyDelete